Jentri on Facebook

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What fills up your cup this Thanksgiving?

This Thanksgiving, I find it an appropriate opportunity to write about the things I'm thankful for and why, and encourage you to contemplate the same. There are so many times in this chosen field when we question our own sanity.  We question the very thing that drives us to be better at everything else in life. The very thing that teaches us how to prevail, and how to search and dig a little deeper. How, you may ask?

If you've ever lost a loved one or something you care for deeply, you understand that much more how precious and short life is. The unfortunate heartache gives us a new perspective. It allows us to have that gusto that others may lack. It allows us to understand that tomorrow is a gift, not a guarantee. While that may sound like a line out of a cheesy movie, I wholeheartedly believe in its truth.

This business is a lot like constantly losing someone you love. And only if you're in it, will you probably really understand what this means. You're so completely connected to the material you write, the projects you produce, and the people you collaborate with, that when a project dissolves, never starts, or ends, as it commonly does in show biz, it's heartbreaking. Again, teaching us to value the present day's gift.. that magic will not always be here... it WILL NOT always offer the same precious moments. BE GRATEFUL for the experiences you are and have been fortunate enough to dance in the middle of.

I'm so thankful for the experiences this universe has blessed me with, and the people it's blessed me to live in it with. I'm grateful for the memories I got to be a part of, the invigoration that the cool weather brings, the comfort the warm sun beams, the people I've met, the people I know I'll meet, and the love that's wide spread amongst the leaves and the trees. I'm thankful for my desire to keep playing the same homemade record, when others are tired of hearing it, because I believe in its lyrics and know it can be a hit one day. I'm grateful for my innate passion to keep looking up, even when all the arrows point down. Somewhere in my life, I developed the happy gene, and for that I feel very fortunate.

When life seems too complicated, too dehydrated, and hopeless, I encourage you to dig a little deeper and try looking at the situation with your filmmaker's eye. Somehow, you know it'll all be alright. And when I get down, you'll tell me the same, right? ;)

Life is crazy, unpredictable, and cold at times, but that makes it a true masterpiece... and so much sweeter when cozy on a couch with wassail.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Keep doing what fills up your cup, no matter what.






No comments:

Post a Comment